Good Service - YAY!

Submitted: Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:34
ThreadID: 31615 Views:2951 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well as some of you already know, just prior to Christmas I purchased a supercheap 42L compressor fridge for $299 on special. The fridge has run 24/7 since I got it home and it has been on quite a few trips. After my trip "with the boys" I got a little over zealous on a dune up at Lancilin and got quite a substantial amount of air, I'm talking all 4 wheels a fair way off the ground (maybe the back wheels a meter and the front wheels point at the moon) landing on the back wheels first. (oops, was fun though, but oops). Anyway, the fridge was fine after that, apart from a little ding in the bottom of it on the inside (obviously where a bottle or somthing had crashed into it rather harshly) but all was well, the wheels where still attached to the car and my doors still opened and closed afterwards!. Anyway, come Wednesday, the fridge started to struggle to hold temp and then by Wednesday night it was not cooling at all, even though all the fans and compressor appeared to be running. I figured that I must have maybe caused a small leak in some where in the refridgerant lines and the gass may have leaked out slowly during the week. Anyway, I thought to myself "Bugger" and went off in search of my recepit. Now I have ALL my recepits, even receipts for headlight bulbs and packs of solder!! And bugger it for the life of me I couldn't find the bloody fridge recepit! (I'm allowed to use bloody aren't I, it's not like england on here i hope!). So i hung my shoulders low and moaped around for a while before deciding to ring the supercheap store I bought it from as I bought it on Layby and I figured they might be able to look up my details. I rang the store in Balcatta and the girl ummed and arrred at me and said, I'll call you back, took my phone number and I went back to my Uni study. Half an hour passed by and I start to think that "oh well, that's that then, they obviously aren't going to get back to me" when my phone rings. She didn't have any stock there but she had organised a replacment at the Joodnalup store (about the same distance in the opposite direction from my house) and it was all t'd up and to go down there. WOW! So I whack the fridge and power lead in the car (after changing the plug back to a ciggy lighter plug) and head down there. I rock up and they said yep no worries, here's your new fridge (complete in box with everything!) have a nice day! Ummm, ok, ryto, thanks...

Not only is it a brand newy, it's the upgraded model with the better fan and condensor setup, new computer and better handles!
Well guys, I gotta say I don't reckon you'd get that service with an engel or waeco! LMAO!

No, don't start the quality debate, I know some of you only buy the best and relibability is paramount etc etc etc, but for me, I absolutally wrapped and the fridge is back under the patio with cold beers in it and ready for the next trip away!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:49

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:49
Hope that noone from Supercheep reads your post as I am sure they would say the fridge was not designed to take that treatment.
AnswerID: 159698

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:54

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 12:54
Well, who knows if that's what it was, it could always be a coicidence! ;-)

That's the trouble with the surf, the back wheels are so far forward, giving you a terrible departrue angle, but also making youre gear right at the back prone to hoping around like a roo on sterioids when you're off road!
FollowupID: 414331

Reply By: Pud & Barb - Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 19:17

Friday, Mar 10, 2006 at 19:17
Nice to read that some companies look after their customers, well done.
Barb.
AnswerID: 159775

Sponsored Links